About Organic Cotton
We love organic cotton. It’s breathable, absorbent, hard wearing, and comes in a variety of finishes, from ultra soft to super crisp. Bedding and clothing made from organic cotton offers year-round comfort for the whole family. It looks great, too.
What we love best about organic cotton are the things you can’t see or touch—the missing toxins, the safe farming practices, and more. Here are some of the benefits you may not notice.
No Toxic Pesticides, Synthetic Fertilizers, or Genetically Modified Seeds
- Conventionally farmed cotton accounts for ¼ of the world’s pesticide and herbicide use. And that’s not the end. More chemicals are added at each processing stage, including heavy metals and known carcinogens.
- Conventional cotton crops are rarely rotated and cultivation relies on intense irrigation, increasing soil erosion while reducing soil fertility.
- Organic cotton is grown naturally without persistent pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, or genetically modified seeds. In fact, no harmful chemicals at all.
- Organic cotton farming uses natural methods, including crop rotation, organic fertilizers, beneficial insects, and hand hoeing for weed control. These methods increase soil fertility, crop yields, and bio-diversity.
Good for Everyone
- Products are tested to make certain they’re free from chemical residue and safe for the entire family.
- Chemical-free clothing and bedding does not cause skin irritation or trigger allergies.
There are lots of reasons to buy products made from GOTS-certified organic cotton. When you choose our products, you can be sure they start with the purest organic cotton and are made by trading partners we trust.
Give our bedding a try Shop Bedding.
Get organized and efficient with our GOTS-certified organic diaper bag Shop Diaper Bags.
It’s the very best you can do for your little one.